I’m a sommelier and wine retailer with an MBA in entrepreneurship and a knack for the unconventional. I first fell in love with wine, and the surrounding culture, on a post-graduation trip biking through the vineyards of Burgundy, but I really started to understand the business and the world of wine when I spent a winter in New Zealand – they keep the best stuff for themselves and there is so much great wine yet to be discovered in the world.
- Nigel Slater (The Kitchen Diaries changed the way I think about food & seasonality, I would love to be such a prolific cookbook writer)
- Al Brown (salt of the earth New Zealand chef/author/bon vivant who would highly approve of my beach striper dinner, above)
- Anthony Bourdain (Goal: be the girl version of Tony. “I write, I eat, I travel, and I’m hungry for more” – hell of a mantra to live by. And did anyone SEE the Lyon episode of Parts Unknown?!?!)
- Danny Meyer (any restaurateur/entrepreneur who can be successful with so many types of cuisines and so many different concepts earns my admiration – not to mention his equal respect for FOH&BOH, as well as all he’s done for food culture, supply chains, and neighborhood improvement)
- there must be a broad or two I admire!